I may receive commissions from purchases made through links in this article. Full Disclosure
We still have almost 3 weeks of summer. Yay! and OMG! at the same time. Summer’s are so short here in MN, but I’m starting to crave a little more routine. Speaking of routine, part of our schooltime routine is that the boys make their lunches the night before. Right after dinner, when we’re cleaning up, they pack their lunch and snack and water for the next day. It helps so much with our morning routine, and I’ll take all the help I can get.
Here is some of our favorite gear that makes packing lunches simple.
1. Planetbox lunch box. We LOVE this lunch box. It has put up with a beating for about 5 years and still goes strong. It is all one piece which makes it SO easy to throw in the dishwasher, or clean it quick and fill it for the next day.
2. The ColdKit is an ice pack that fits perfectly in the Rover. Find it here with the pods and utensils. The pods are great little silicone containers that keep food separate.
3. Booster from Planetbox. My kids are a bit older and need a lot of water. This water bottle fits in the pouch of the lunch bag, and as a bonus, also fits in a bicycle water cage. And most importantly has a lid that covers the spout from germs.
4. S’ip by S’well Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle. This is another water bottle that we use all the time and comes in cute colors and patterns.
5. YETI Rambler. This is great if you want to hold a lot of water and keep it cold. Ice lasts in this baby quite a while.
6. These reusable silicone bags are expensive, but amazing. No more plastic bags that leach chemicals into our food and stay in the environment forever.
7. These Lunchskins are another reusable bag option. They are dishwasher safe, which is pretty much a necessity in my book.
8. This Thermos is great for having a hot lunch once in awhile. We like to make rice and beans, broccoli cheese soup, and mac and cheese.